Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Evaluation!!

I would have to say I was very skeptical about this class but I thought it would be kind of fun as well. I was skeptical about writing blogs every week because I had never written a blog in my life and I didn’t know where to go start one at. I was nervous about that at first but once we started I thought that it would be really fun and interesting what other people in our class would write and if we would have the same opinion or same experiences, or would we clash if we didn’t agree with some bodies blog or discussion board postings. I thought the class as a whole was really fun and unique, I feel like I learned a lot from the readings and my classmates. Plus I learned a lot about technology and how much we are so depended on it and what would happen if we didn’t have advanced technology. I also learned how it technology will continue to grow and advance with time.
What experiences that I liked were just writing the blogs and seeing who had the same type of experiences you had and who had different experiences that we could learn from. Especially when it came to a few of those stalker stories. I feel like I learned something from everybody in this class and it helped because on one hand it will help you in the real world to protect yourself from just the different types of experiences that we each had and how to protect yourself on the internet. By doing these blogs it helped to learn a little more about your other classmates and to connect with different people. What I would also have to say that I don’t have anything that I didn’t really like about the class, I think that everybody should take this class because you learn a lot of different things that you wouldn’t just pick up from a normal class.
I would keep everything for this class because you have a variety of different things that you could do with the assignments. The variety was good for the class, I don’t think that it just focused on just computers, if focused on all different types of technology and made you really think. The only thing that I could think of that I would change would go longer then just 24 hours away from your computer, I would go 48 hours or I would even go without your phone or even your iPod for 24 hours. Something interesting that people seriously can’t live without. This would stir up some serious drama. Overall I thought this class was really good and I would recommend that everybody take it because you learn a lot about yourself, others and how much technology has advanced and is still advancing. You also learn how much we use technology and how we as society can’t go without and. As a whole my experience was really good and fun.

3 comments:

griffdan said...

I have to agree with you that everyone should take this class. It is an eye-opener to see how integrated technology is in our lives and our dependence on it. The awareness is the key point here. Too often we exist without thinking or awareness. This class revealed that we are 1) dependent on technology, 2) capable of learning something new, and 3) are capable of reaching outside ourselves to connect using technology in new ways. The reading was insightful and informative. The classmates have been respectful and thoughtful. The instructor was challenging and informative. Yes, it was a great class. Now if only we will step outside our technical rut and use our brains to evaluate our participation with some forms of technology; should I or should I not? Whenever we mindlessly participate in the use of technology without conscious consideration and evaluation, technology runs us. I hope this class has taught us that that isn't a good place to be in.

Lindsey said...

I was definitely in the same boat with you along the lines of writing blogs. I too enjoyed doing the blog activities once I got the hang of how the system worked. I agree also that this class was fun and unique, it was not like any other class I have ever taken and I think that is why I enjoyed it so much. Communicating online as well as with other technological devices we need to understand how the communication is different and how we can be mislead, or confused. I too enjoyed reading other people's blogs and reading their thoughts about text readings or experiences with the blog assignments, I think that although we all had different stories and experiences we were all still brought together with the assignments. I also like that this last blog is our evaluation, versus just doing the online evaluation with the school, those are so much more impersonal and annoying! This way people can be honest, and because it is an assignment everyone will (should) respond so the for the instructor it gives a better turnout review for the course. Has this class changed your opinion of the way you communicate online, or will you remain the same?

AC said...

I think it would be interesting to extend the time without the internet to 48 hours. It would definitely be a lot more difficult. It was also my first time working with blogs and I found them to be fun and interesting. After I got the hang of how they worked, I actually looked forward to writing my posts each week. I think that the blogs offered a nice way to get to know other students in the class and this helped stimulate my interest. Nice post and have a great Spring break!