Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Internet Community

The group that I decided to join was called I Love Basketball. I wanted to join a group that I play and our very familiar with and thought it would be cool to see what other people thought about the sport I love to play. This group that I joined you could tell that not everybody had played basketball or had all the knowledge about it but you also had people that if they didn't play the sport but they new a lot about it, because they were a basketball fanatic and they just loved the sport or loved playing ball so they thought that it was cool to have a group that was dedicated to basketball. I was surprised at how much people really didn’t disagree on a lot of topics, a lot of it was just asking questions about trade rumors and what people thought about the trade. Then people provided information for the people who asked about the information, but I thought that it was funny when I did ask a question about the Jason Kidd trade and why Jerry Stackhouse had ran his mouth like he did people kind of got mad at me and had a few words to say. I thought it was hilarious how people stuck by their team and thought that I was trying to be negative towards their teams but I wasn’t trying to be negative towards their team I just wanted to start something going about the player running his mouth and to also see how I fit into the group. When I first started the group I wanted to observe and see what people were saying and asking about basketball and was it just a group that talked about NBA, college or even high school basketball or was it just one specific group that they talked about.
They had a lot of conversation about more then one topic; it was very diverse as far as talking about college basketball, women’s basketball and NBA. I felt like I really fit into this group because it’s a sport that I play everyday and am very familiar with and I thought that it would be a great idea to enhance my knowledge by learning from other people and what they thought about basketball and other peoples perspective about the sport at hand and if they really thought about basketball. Their was a lot of people that were very negative and just respond negative to every post because they didn’t agree. A lot of people got real upset about this one guy who kept responding to post and not giving good post so that had a lot of confrontation I thought that was interesting because their wasn’t a lot of drama on this group.

No comments: